(1 - 2 of 2)
- Plan en Caart van 't Vlek aan Caap de Goede Hoop
- Cape Town (South Africa) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Photocopy., Text in Dutch., Original statement of scale: "Schaale van 100 Rhijnlandsche Roeden"., Plan of Cape Town in 1755 showing streets and erven. Features such as the Company's garden, Company's hospital, Groote Kerk and Slave Lodge are marked., Copy in H. W. J. Picard, Gentleman's Walk (Cape Town: Struik, 1968): facing page 38. A description of the plan is given on pages 37-38 and a partial key is printed opposite p. 38., See BA 968.21 PICA.
- To the right honourable Charles, Earl of Peterborow and Monmouth, etc this map of Africa according to ye newest and most exact obervations is most humbly dedicated
- Africa -- Maps -- Early works to 1800., Cape Town (South Africa) -- Pictorial works.
- Shows portion of Brazil, the island of Trinidada [Trinidad], Cape Virde [Verde] Islands, and the islands of Matheo, Fernando Po, Princes, St Thome, Annaboa, Ascension and St Helena in the Atlantic Ocean. and what is named on the map as the Ethiopia Sea. To the north, the map includes the southernmost portion of Europe, part of Asia, Arabia and the Strait of Babelmandel. In the Indian Ocean, the Comoro Islands, Madagascar, the Mozambique Channel, Mauritius, St Brandon, Diego Rois, the Maldives and other islands are indicated as well as the paths of the trade winds to the East. Ceylon and the Coromandel coast and Malabar in India are also depicted., Relief shown pictorially., "Printed for H. Moll over against Devereux Court without Temple Bar, D. Midwinter at the 3 Crowns in St. Pauls Church yard and Tho. Bowles print and mapseller next to the Chapter house in St. Pauls Church yard, by Philip Overton Map and Printseller near St Dunstans Church Fleet Street.", Prime meridians: London and Ferro., Includes views of "Cape Coast Castle on ye gold coast of Guinea," "James Fort on the island of St Helena", a plan of the "Fort of Good Hope" and "A prospect of the Cape of Good Hope" showing the watering place, the slaughter house, the wall [sea wall], the Lodging House [possibly the old Slave Lodge], the Company's Garden, the hospital, the entertaining house and stall for cattle. Also indicated are Charles Mount or Crown Hill, Windy Hill, the Castle of Good Hope, the Fort of Good Hope, Table Mountain, Sugar Loaf, and James Mount or Lyons Rump.