(1 - 2 of 2)
- A new chart of the southern coast of Africa, from the Cape of Good Hope to Dalagoa [sic] Bay, including the Bank of Cape Agulhas, its soundings, currents, within and without &c.
- Shipwrecks -- South Africa -- Cape of Good Hope -- History -- 18th century., Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800., Cape Agulhas (South Africa) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800., Cape Town (South Africa) -- Pictorial works.
- Map shows detailed soundings and other hydrographic information along the Cape coast. Map includes an engraving of "A view of the Cape of Good Hope" showing elevations of Table Mountain ("The Table"), "Devils Burg", "the Sugar Loaf" and "Lyon's Rump". Also depicted are houses and other buildings on the slopes of the mountain and a small rowing boat heading for harbour., "Drawn chiefly from the Papers of Mr Gerard De Ruyter., Captain of the Port at the Cape of Good Hope; with the track of the Worcester, Capt. Hall in 1786.", Extract from note on map: "On Thursday the 17th of July 1755, about a quarter before one in the morning, the Doddington outward bound East Indiaman struck on a rock about 3 leagues from the Main of Africa ... Judging they were on the Madagascar shore, and the passage open, they bore away to the Northward. The time they were lost they saw the breakers and in less than a quarter of an hour went all to pieces ...", This copy of the map is defective and the sections north of 28 degrees 5 minutes and east of 32 degrees are missing. Only the final line of the cartouche is visible. Only the lower portions of the two inset maps ("A Plan of Saldhanha Bay geometrically surveyed in 1752", and, "A Plan of Dalagoa Bay called by the Portuguese Bahia de Lorenzo Marques, and by the French Baye du St. Espirit" remain., Restored and placed between acid-free boards., Robert Laurie and James Whittle.
- [Map of land allotted at the Cape of Good Hope giving the numbers of the plots and also the names of the owners]
- Farm ownership -- South Africa -- Cape of Good Hope -- History., Cape Town (South Africa) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Shows Table Mountain and the surrounding mountains in relief as well as the demarcation, size and ownership of farms on the south eastern side of the mountains and along the Liesbeeck River., Text in Dutch., Poor quality photographic copy of reproduction in the Leupe Collection, Western Cape Provincial Archives and Record Services. See WCARS M1/16., For a rather more detailed version of this area, see BMS.6821.c.1 (405).