Maps of Africa collection of Stanford University
- [Cairo & Nile to Suez; proposed Railway surveyed in 1834 by Galloway Bey]
- Various roads shown; Section of Railway.
- [De l'Afrique]
- Overall size 31.5 x 55 cm. 2 panels of text; Some MS place-names.
- [Depicts Africa from the Mediterranean to The Cape, excluding West Africa]
- Pigafetta's depiction of the origin of the Nile is an important landmark in the historical cartography of the Nile water basin, completely changing the traditional Ptolemaic concept. Dedicated to Antonio Miglioni Vescovo S. Marco., Rome. Pigafetta, Filippo, 1533-1604
- [Guinea coast ]
- Orientation: West at top; Inset: Bay of Sierra Liona; Vol. V, Plate D, page 98.
- [Nile delta and Sinai peninsula]
- Inset: View of village; Illustration of water-lifting device; W.H. II Th. N X.
- [North Africa]
- Map shaped irregular. Volume edited by Michael Servetus or Villanovanus., Lyons. Trechsel, Melchior, fl. 1529-1549; Trechsel, Gaspard, fl. 1529-1549